When I started organizing and typing my Grandmother's recipes for a cookbook made in memory of her; I found a great selection of jello recipes...including one for coffee jello. I'm sure I ate it several times as a kid. I'm going to share several varieties of them in case my walk down memory lane makes you want to brush the dust off your Granny's jello mold!
- 1 can (8-oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 serving size) or 2 packages (4-serving size) Jell-O orange flavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup coconut
Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Add cold water to liquid to measure 1 cup.
Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Stir in measured liquid. Refrigerate 1-1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk until smooth. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until mixture will mound. Stir in oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut. Spoon into 6-cup mold.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold.