This is one of those dishes that are perfect for when you’re short on time and want to serve up a nutritious meal...and fast! Fix a pan of cornbread to complete it. If I don't fix cornbread, you will find my husband eating peanut butter and crackers or a pimiento cheese sandwich with it.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1 small can each: green beans or peas, carrots and corn
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni*
- *1 cup if you love more pasta
- 1In a large saucepan, brown meat and drain grease. Stir in tomatoes, broth, veggies and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil; add macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.