Breakfast Burritos

It's been a little crazy the past few days. The weekend is here and I realized I haven't shared anything for breakfast. I made these for Andy one weekend and he went nuts over them. Swears they're better than any he's eaten anywhere. :-) I find it's worth the effort to make the mixture the night before for a quick breakfast.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 lb. sausage
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1/2 vidalia onion
  • eggs
  • Large flour tortilla shells
  • shredded Colby/jack cheese

    DIRECTIONS

    • 1
      The night before, brown the sausage until almost done and then add in the chopped peppers and onion and saute until tender. Drain off grease.
    • 2
      In the morning I beat one egg per burrito I plan to fix.
    • 3
      In a small skillet, add a little butter or spray with non-stick spray. Add a couple of spoonfuls of meat mixture and pour enough egg in to cover the bottom of the skillet. Scramble mixture together.
    • 4
      Pour mixture onto a warm tortilla, add a little cheese and roll into a burrito.
    • 5
      Keep cooking and making until you have the amount needed.
    • 6
      These are good with a little sour cream or salsa.

    Popular Posts