It's been a little crazy the past few days. The weekend is here and I realized I haven't shared anything for breakfast. I made these for Andy one weekend and he went nuts over them. Swears they're better than any he's eaten anywhere. :-) I find it's worth the effort to make the mixture the night before for a quick breakfast.
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 vidalia onion
- Large flour tortilla shells
- shredded Colby/jack cheese
- 1The night before, brown the sausage until almost done and then add in the chopped peppers and onion and saute until tender. Drain off grease.
- 2In the morning I beat one egg per burrito I plan to fix. *Add a small amount of milk to egg mixture.
- 3In a small skillet, add a little butter or spray with non-stick spray. Add a couple of spoonfuls of meat mixture and pour enough egg in to cover the bottom of the skillet. Scramble mixture together.
- 4Pour mixture onto a warm tortilla, add a little cheese and roll into a burrito.
- 5Keep cooking and making until you have the amount needed.
- 6These are good with a little sour cream or salsa.