Buttermilk Pie

Everyone who knows me knows my love of cooking is for real food, not for sweets. I like them and I fix them, but let's say I don't excel in that area. If I want to my husband happy, all I have to do it fix him a buttermilk pie. I want to make him happier, I get his daughter Blair to make them for him. Hers always turn out perfect!

***UPDATE: We changed our oven and the 325 degrees for 40 minutes no longer sets the middle of the pie! We have baked several more pies and have determined 350 for 45 minutes will get it done. If the center of your pie "jiggles" it's not ready to remove! If you have to cook longer, cover with aluminum  foil to keep the top from getting too brown if necessary.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp. flour
  • pinch salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 uncooked pie shell

DIRECTIONS

Stir flour into sugar, mix well. Cream with butter. Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition. Add buttermilk, vanilla and salt, mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.

Popular Posts