Diet Sun-Drop Cake



I can remember the first time I drank my first Sun-Drop. The year was 1975; it was a Friday night hanging out at the popular teen hangout at the Methodist Church. I put my money in the drink box and got a green 10 oz. returnable bottle with citrus pulp floating in it. The first sip was pure heaven and I've been hooked since. My kidneys thank them for coming out with a diet and caffeine-free version. Did I mention the caffeine level is extreme? 

Have I mentioned my Mother makes a KILLER lemon pound cake that will make you cry? I'm sure it's no surprise to learn that I do not have the recipe for this one either. HOWEVER a Sun-Drop cake runs a close second. To cut back on the sugar for her, mine include about as much diet product as possible.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 box lemon cake mix
  • 1 small pkg.sugar-free instant lemon pudding mix
  • 12 oz. Diet Sun-Drop
  • 3 eggs
  • ¾ cup oil

GLAZE:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp. water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, Sun-Drop, eggs, and oil in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until well done.

While baking, mix glaze ingredients together. Take out of pan. While warm (not hot!), pour the glaze over it.  

Comments

Popular Posts