Grandma Gaudette’s Jewish Coffee Cake

My Grandmother, who was blessed to roam this earth for over 103 years was a fabulous cook. Her desserts and love of desserts are legendary. My co-workers really loved her Jewish coffee cake and would quickly make it disappear when she and later, my Mother, would bring one to the office. Paul, who can eat more food than any man I know, would spend tons of time talking to her when she visited. I honestly believe he really appreciated her, but I think he was really pushing for his own cake!
Grandma, September 2010, holding her 6 month old baby picture.
  • 1 pkg. yellow cake mix with pudding
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • ½ cup oil
  • 4 eggs
Mix the above ingredients and pour half into an angel food cake pan. Mix “swirl” ingredients and spread over first layer. Repeat layer and swirl with knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Ingredients for “Swirl”
  • ½ cup nuts
  • 3 T. brown sugar
  • 2 T. white sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon

Comments

Popular Posts