Here’s a quick and easy dish that just about anyone will love. The flavor of the sauce is unique and I mix in different veggies just about every time I fix it. Have a bag of spinach? Throw some in there! I typically start with peppers, mushrooms and onions because I always have them on hand. Use your imagination.
- 1 pack boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. box penne pasta or bowties
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 6-8 oz. cream
- 6-8 oz. chicken broth
- 3 oz. white vinegar (start here and add until you’re satisfied with the “bite”!)
- 2 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 small box of sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 2 colored peppers (red and orange) or one big jar roasted red peppers (easier!)
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese
- Salt, pepper, cajun seasoning to taste.
- 1Grill thighs until cooked through. Season both sides of the chicken with salt, white pepper and Tony Cachere’s cajun seasoning. Let rest on cutting board for at least 15 minutes.
- 2Cook pasta per instructions on box, drain and set to the side.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter and saute peppers, mushrooms and onions until transparent. (If you use roasted red peppers, add in with garlic) Stir in garlic and flour until blended well. Slowly add in cream, broth and vinegar. Mix well. Add in cheeses, stirring until melted.
- 4Slice chicken into very thin pieces. Add chicken and pasta to sauce. Serve!