- 1 (18.5-oz.) pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt
- 1(6-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Combine cream cheese and sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Add egg and salt, beating well; stir in chocolate morsels. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon cream cheese mixture into center of each cupcake. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to complete cooling. Yield 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes.
- 2Do not put icing on the cupcakes! If you’d like, lightly dust with confectioner’s sugar.
- 3These are even better when refrigerated!