- 1 can refried beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Fresh baby spinach
- Chopped onions (red is better, but I had sweet white)
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced roasted red peppers (from water-packed jar)
- Sliced artichokes (marinated in can or jar)
- Shredded Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese, for each quesadilla
- Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning
Guacamole, sour cream or salsa
Sliced veggies. Warm refried beans in microwave to make it easier to spread. Pre-heat skillet on medium heat.
Brush bottom of tortilla with butter. Spread refried beans on one half of tortilla. Top with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, black olives and artichokes. Top veggies with shredded cheese and season to your taste with Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning. Fold over tortillas, making a half moon. Place quesadillas in skillet and cook approximately 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cheese melts. Let set on a cutting board until you get the next one started. With a large knife, cut into halves.