Bloody Marys

In honor of upcoming Mardi Gras (February is just around the corner!), I'm posting my two favorite Bloody Mary recipes. When I think of New Orleans, Bloody Marys come to mind...along with a bowl of Gumbo, Jambalaya, Muffalettas and beignets. Just mentioning Cajun food makes me wish I was there...but not this week! I'm a little too old for that much out of control.


Last summer I canned tomatoes. The flavor was so good you could literally open a jar and drink the juice from it. If they turn out as good as last year, I'm going to put up several quart jars of tomato juice strictly for these two recipes.


Version one is by the glass and version two will be by the blender.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 oz. Vodka
  • 6 oz. tomato juice (I prefer V8, Andy prefers Campbells tomato juice)
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 squeeze of lemon
  • 1 dash of Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce
  • Green olives*


DIRECTIONS:
In a cocktail shaker, mix vodka and tomato juice. Add spices, squeeze of lemon and Worcestershire sauce. Shake again and pour into a glass with a couple of olives skewered on a toothpick.


*A small spoonful of olive juice is a nice addition too!





Comments

Popular Posts