My Grandma's recipe box held this Chocolate Dipped Strawberry recipe. Perfect for Valentines Day...strawberries and champagne!
- 1 lb. ripe fresh strawberries
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate (or morsels)
- 1/2 ounce (1/6 of one cake) paraffin for canning
1. Place water in bottom of double boiler and bring to a boil. Reduce heat until water simmers but no steam escapes between top and bottom chambers.
2. Place chocolate, cut up, in top of double boiler with paraffin, also cut small. Stir as it melts until perfectly smooth.
3. Dip dry strawberries in chocolate one at a time: Hold the stem and dunk one very quickly, covering about 3/4 of the berry. Gently shake the last drops of chocolate back into pot, and hold up to air dry for about 30 seconds. Tip pot as necessary to get more depth. Place coated berries on waxed paper or in paper cups and refrigerate until ready to serve. If some stems are missing from berries, impale (as gently as possible) on a skewer or fork to dip.