Mommacitas™ Real Enchiladas


There is a really sweet lady named PJ who has been by the printing company I work for several times regarding an awesome product she is selling called Mommacitas™ Authentic Enchilada Sauce. Recently, she shared her special sauce with fellow co-worker Betty and I. On the back of the label she has her "Real Enchilada Recipe" and we recently fixed it for supper. I followed it the best I could, but you know me...I have to veer slightly. :-)


Her website is in the process of being designed (www.Mommacitas.com) but you can order by texting PJ at 931-309-3862.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 flour tortillas
  • 1/4 cup Mommacitas™ Dry Sauce
  • 2 cups cold water
  • 12 oz. deboned chicken
  • 6 oz. onions
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 12 black olives

Mix 1/4 cup Mommacitas™ Dry Sauce with 2 cups cold water. Heat until thickened; let cool.

Saute chicken with 1 tbsp. dried sauce, onions, garlic and black olives.

Dredge each tortilla though the sauce in a 9" baking tray, spread enough sauce to cover pan. Place 2 oz. of this mixture and 2 oz. of grated cheese on each tortilla. Wrap and place seam side down. Cover with remaining sauce, and 3/4 cup grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is really melted.

I substituted with 1 pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs sliced thin and 1 small can of sliced black olives.

Comments

Popular Posts