Neapolitan Refrigerator Sheet Cake

Here's another of my Grandmother's goodies out of her recipe file. Every time I look through the cookbook I made of all her recipes, it brings back memories. Good memories of good food. We always called her Neapolitan Refrigerator Sheet Cake a "poke cake". I loved fixing this for the boys when they were little. I hope one of these days they will look back on the food I prepared with as much fondness.
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pkg. strawberry gelatin (4 serving size)
  • 1 package Duncan Hines Deluxe II Fudge Marble Cake Mix
TOPPING:
  • 1 envelope whipped topping mix (2-2-1/2 cup yield)
  • 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
  • 1-1/2 cups cold milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Dissolve gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; set aside at room temperature. Mix and bake cake as directed in a 13x9x2 pan. Cool cake 20-25 minutes. Poke deep holes through top of warm cake (still in pan) with meat fork or toothpick; Space holes about one inch apart. With a cup, slowly pour gelatin mixture into holes. Refrigerate cake while preparing topping.

Comments

Popular Posts