Sliced Baked Potatoes


Russet potato sliced and baked with minced garlic
I'm like probably every other woman out there who likes to browse through Pinterest. Ooooh! That looks good!!! So, I've got a board titled "Foods I've Got To Make". The pictures always look so pretty...and I believe we "eat with our eyes". This weekend I decided to put the written recipe to the test on a couple of them. This is one recipe well worth keeping, but I've got a few ideas for the next go around. The original recipe calls for sliced garlic between the slices and since we keep minced garlic by the vat, I substituted with that. A few of the pieces of garlic tuck to the top got a little extra roasted...but they were still really good.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 medium potatoes
  • Garlic
  • Olive oil to drizzle
  • Butter
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lay the potato on your cutting board and find the flattest side. Cut vertical slices as thin as possible without cutting all the way through to the bottom. I spaced them around 1/8" thick.

Place them on a baking tray and carefully insert garlic between the slices. It is a little tricky to get this in between the cuts.  Melt 1/2 stick butter and drizzle over the tops. Drizzle olive oil on top of the butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste on top.

After 40 minutes, check to see if potatoes are tender. (Check the middle slices). If not, let them bake until done.

The next time I fix these; I will be inserting sliced onion between the slices in place of the garlic.


Recipe adapted from: SeasaltwithFood

Comments

  1. I used garlic in the slices and topped with with slices of onions coated with olive oil. Some of them will burn/toast and they taste so good! Tastiest baked potatoes I've ever had. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts