Snicker Cheesecake Squares With Oreo Crust

Y'all know I don't consider myself to be a "baker". But I do bake and make sweets from time to time. You know by now what I fix is going to be easy, easy, easy and heavenly to your taste buds. If it requires a homemade crust that gives you an option to use Oreo cookies instead of graham crackers, I'll probably do that too. Oreos are one of my weaknesses!
This recipe came to me from my son Dale. He was sitting in the orthodontist's office one day flipping through a magazine and found it. He proceeded to write it down for future use. 

Andy ran into him at W-Mart one evening and found him buying ingredients and even a 9x13 baking pan. Dale was planning on making this dessert for his girlfriend and now wife Amanda for her birthday or Valentine's Day or some other special occasion. Andy assured him I'd let him use one of my baking pans, but for some reason he was going to leave the dish and all with her. Around here we say if you leave a dish with someone, they're supposed to bring it back filled with something equally good. In our case, visitors just return them empty and ask for a refill...which we gladly do!


CRUST INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 cups Oreo Sandwich cookie crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
FILLING INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese blocks, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 bars (2.07 oz.) Snicker bars, chopped, divided
DIRECTIONS FOR CRUST:
Mix crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9 baking pan


FILLING:
Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the chopped candy bars. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining chopped candy bars.


Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.

Comments

Popular Posts