- 1 box frozen spinach, squeeze water out with hands
- Or 1 bag (9 oz.) fresh spinach (remove big stems and give a rough chop)
- 1.5 lbs Queso Blanco Velveeta and ½ pound regular Velveeta cheese
- 2-3 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. jalapenos, chopped
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Tortilla chips
- Sauté onions, garlic and jalapenos in butter in a large skillet. (If you use fresh spinach, wilt it in this mixture) Remove from heat, add flour. Stir until blended well. It will not be a pretty clump of stuff.
- In a double boiler* combine cheese, lemon juice, cream and milk. Stir constantly.
- After cheese is completely melted add tomatoes and sautéed mixture and spinach.
- Cancel any plans you have to eat anything else for the rest of the evening because you won't be able to quit eating this.
*I use a soup pot; put about 2-1/2 to 3 inches of water in it and set a large stainless steel mixing bowl on top instead of a double boiler. Works just as well!