If there is one thing I can't stand, it's a frozen chicken pot pie. One can only imagine what has to happen to make carrots and peas take on that texture. Yuck! Once you see how easy it is to fix the real deal, your family will be begging you to fix it again.
When you are mixing up the soup and veggies, check out the consistency. If it's way too thick, and it probably will be, mix up 1/4 cup of water with a smidgeon of chicken flavored Better Than Bouillon. Carefully add broth until the soup is smooth and creamy, but not runny.
- 1 small can each of peas, carrots and potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 10 oz. can of cream of potato or chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 c. chicken broth *you may not need the full amount--don’t make too soupy!
- 2 unbaked, thawed, deep dish pie shells
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine vegetable and onion in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, soup, and poultry seasoning, mix well.
- Add broth to thin, but don’t thin it too much!
- Spoon mixture into pie shell
- Place other pie shell on top.
- Press sides to seal top and bottom pastry. Trim off any excess pastry.
- Crimp edge and pierce top pastry to vent
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.