Sausage and Cheddar Biscuits

Tuesday was the first of the month and May Employee Birthday Celebration day. Mrs. Elaine picked "favorite breakfast food" as the food theme. I debated on what to fix and I finally picked out one I knew everyone would like. A couple of years ago, Andy's boss' wife fixed these biscuits for their department and he came home telling me how good they were. Melissa was kind enough to share the recipe. I had to fix a double batch because there was no way I was going to be able to take all those biscuits to work and not leave some for Andy!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 roll hot sausage
  • 1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 packs dry biscuit mix (prepare as directed)
  •    (I used Pioneer Biscuit and Baking Mix and it called for 1/2 cup milk)
  • Brown sausage and let cool. (I cooked mine the night before)
Mix dough, sausage and cheese together. 

Roll out around 1/4" thick. Cut biscuits out. ( I used my small (2") biscuit cutter)
Brush biscuit tops with butter.
Bake at 450 degrees until lightly browned.


Comments

Popular Posts