Tracy's Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese

Salad was fresh picked from the garden!
I'm not sure why the word ranch is in the name as it doesn't contain ranch dressing. You can call it anything you want, it tastes good! Here are a few facts I know about my co-worker Tracy:
  1. Bacon, hamburgers, steaks and sausage must be more than "well-done." They must be charred, not charbroiled, but practically burned beyond recognition.
  2. Her biscuits must be BROWN. Not tan, taupe or any other color that reminds you of normal....on a biscuit.
  3. She can come up with some whopper doodle ideas for dessert...see Nanner Jammers.
  4. Her Chocolate Gravy cures what all may be ailing you.
  5. Because of 1 and 2, I hesitate when she mentions a recipe, but because of 3 and 4, I'll try it at least once.
One day at lunch she had warmed up a bowl of something that smelled pretty good. She said it was leftover from the night before and it was really good. It smelled good, looked good and contained chicken, cheese and pasta. As far as I was concerned I knew my bunch would gobble this up. 

This casserole will serve six with a small salad and garlic bread on the side. I'd allow 45 minutes to 1 hour for preparation. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 8 oz. Piccolini pasta
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced (I used my vacuum sealed red and yellow peppers)
  • 1 10 oz. can Rotel (I used mild, next time I'll crank up the heat with hot Rotel)
  • 1 8 oz. pkg. Velveeta
  • 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I stewed 2 large boneless chicken breasts)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
DIRECTIONS:
  1. • Preheat oven to 350, and prepare pasta to pkg. directions
  2. • While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over med.high heat
  3. • Add onions and peppers, sauté 5 minutes or until tender
Stir in Rotel
Stir in Velveeta cooking and stirring constantly until cheese is melted
Stir in sour cream and soup
Stir in chili powder and cumin.
Stir in chicken.

• Add hot cooked and drained pasta, stir till well blended
• Spoon into a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish
• Sprinkle shredded cheese over top
• Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
This casserole is even better the next day! (If you have any left)


Comments

Popular Posts