The potatoes in this potato salad are not baked. The name comes from all the goodies you would load on a baked stuffed potato. Any time this is made, Blake goes nuts. He will literally eat the whole bowl by himself if I left him alone in the kitchen for 30 minutes. In the event he hasn't scarfed it all down; he brings the leftovers home because he swears it's good for breakfast too!
- 5 lb. Bag of Red Potatoes
- 1 pint sour cream (you can add more if you like)
- 1-2 cups mayonnaise (not salad dressing!)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3Once you can handle the potatoes, chop into 3/4” pieces. If any of the skins come off, throw them into the bowl, too. Mix well.
- 4Add the remaining sour cream and mayonnaise until you reach a creamy consistency. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- 5**The above measurements are approximate. I add until it “looks right”. The rule of thumb is to make sure the potato salad is creamy, so add the sour cream/mayonnaise until you’re satisfied.