Crock Pot Pork Loin

As my favorite Aunt Kay would say..."This is SUCCULENT!" She scolded me pretty well when I told her that her lovely sister was enjoying a pork loin I cooked for supper. She really lost it when I told her we had pulled two rutabagas from the garden and had fixed them and a fresh salad from the garden. Aunt Kay always sends my Momma split pea soup and she was wishing Momma could ship her some of the leftovers and them not spoil.

It doesn't get much easier than this. The house smelled heavenly when I opened the door and continued to do so until I fired up a pot of rutabagas.

Line your crock pot with a liner to make clean up easy, easy!!
  • Place a 4 lb. pork loin fat side up in the crock pot.
  • Add 3 cups of water.
  • Chunk cut 1 Vidalia onion and lay on and around the meat.
  • Sprinkle 1 envelope of onion soup/dip mix on top of meat. 
Cook on high for one hour.
Turn on low and cook until you come home from work. (9-10 hours)

Ready to lift out and eat! Momma fixed up a wonderful gravy using the leftover broth.

Comments

Popular Posts