Grisham Garden, Part 3

WOW! A week hasn't gone by and what a difference in the garden! The Tuesday after Memorial Day a storm blew through while we were at the river. We didn't receive a lot of rain, but the winds were crazy enough to be a little scary. According to the radar, we should have been getting some much needed rain at home. It hasn't been confirmed, but the garden has really changed a lot, so I suspect it did. 


It's hard to believe it's already June! This means I will soon have my work cut out for me. When the veggies start coming in, we'll eat plenty but I'll be canning and freezing as much as possible. From the looks of what's already on the vines, I may be a little busier than I want to be! All the hard work will all be worth it when we're eating the good stuff this winter!
Sunflowers are now around 4 feet tall. One of the varieties can reach up to 16 feet!

Spaghetti squash is beginning to flower


Looks like we will be eating squash very soon! All the plants are starting to get covered up!

Watermelon

Cantalopes

One of the cucumber vines...which we have got to get staked and quickly! 

These two tiny cucumbers will be ready to eat before we know it!


Like the squash; the zucchini is producing like crazy!

Green beans 

Looks like I'll be busy! All of the plants are covered up with beans and flowers!

Roma Tomatoes

Cherry tomatoes

Bradley Heirloom tomatoes

I gave the two rows of lettuce a cut before vacation and it's ready for another!

I can't wait to start eating this lettuce! It's looking really good!

Spinach

Rutabagas...This one is the size of a softball.

Cilantro

Beets

Red potatoes...starting to bloom. We'll be digging these up in another month. 

Sweet potatoes. They came back after the freeze last month, but I don't know how well they'll fare. 
Corn

Okra...hopefully the deer will spare it this year. I wish they'd eat all the turnip greens popping up everywhere from last year's patch!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts