Grisham Garden, Part 4

Still looking good and starting to produce! Two favorites so far: fresh, smashed rutabagas and wilted lettuce salad! I made grits and spinach last night but didn't have enough spinach to make it and  had to go the store-bought route. Next year we will definitely be planting more!


Some of the sunflowers are now over Andy's head and he's 6 feet tall!

This is growing where the spaghetti squash is growing. I've never seen a green one, but we'll find out soon if an odd ball seed found it's way in our pack! Andy thinks it's a watermelon.

Spaghetti squash

All of the squash family plants are doing well. We've been enjoying fried squash, grilled squash and zucchini (1), grilled squash and zucchini (2), zucchini, squash and tomatoes, and sauteed zucchini and onions. This week I plan on fixing two versions of squash fritters: our old school recipe and Tracy and Sharon's version. 

Cucumbers are almost ready to pick...now if the tomatoes would hurry up and turn red!

Green beans are ready to pick! I'll be busy tomorrow!

13 quarts of green beans Andy and I put up (so far) from this year's garden. Last year I put up 13 pints! We're having a great crop this year. If it will rain, I have no doubt we'll get this many again. Momma helped me break all the beans. I couldn't have done it without her! I picked another bag of green beans Saturday and fixed southern-style green beans for supper.

A few jars of tomatoes, salsa and jalapenos from last season.

Comments

Popular Posts