The other day we couldn't decide what to fix. Andy was out working in the yard and I told him I'd just surprise him. This summer I dehydrated some Roma tomatoes and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use them. I figured Blair would love this because it's very similar to Crawfish and Shrimp Denise, just not as spicy. But, she had made prior plans, so Andy and I got to enjoy this all by ourselves!! I believe he ate about 3 "test bowls" also known as "nibble plates" before he sat down to eat. I can't say much as I tested this recipe myself a few times too.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 32 oz. cream
- 1/2 cup Mozzeralla
- 6 oz. grated Parmesan-Romano cheese (not the powdery kind)
- Spaghetti, cook as directed on package
- 10 oz. bag fresh spinach
- 6 (or more) green onions chopped
- 2 lbs. medium-large raw, deveined, peeled, tail off shrimp, rinsed
- 2 cups dehydrated tomatoes (or store-bought equivalent)
- Garlic bread
Once the cheeses are melted, add the green onions and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted, add in the tomatoes and let them start to rehydrate (Mmmm! very delicious!)
Add the raw shrimp and stir into cream sauce.
Cook until shrimp turns nice and pink. Always remember to not overcook the shrimp! You don't want the texture to be "rubbery"!