Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Do you know how you keep telling yourself over and over, "I've got to start eating more fish?" (And I'm not talking about deep frying, we do enough of that.) Well, here is a recipe that is delicious, easy, doesn't stink up the house and our pickiest eater loved it! Now you won't have any excuses to add a little healthy to your diet. I found this post months ago online at Cooking Bride and kept putting off preparing it. Bad call. I'm just happy I didn't lose it!

Andy found a bag of individually vacuum sealed frozen Tilapia filets at WMart. Ok, is this getting any easier for you now? You only have to prepare what you need!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 Tilapia fillets
  • ½ teaspoon each cumin, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground oregano
  • 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 oz. lemon juice
  • 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
PRE-COOKING STEPS:
Rinse fish under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Set on a large platter.

In a small bowl, (I use one of my tiny little dipping bowls) combine all the spices. Season fish with spice mixture on both sides.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Move oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat broiler. I set mine on high.
    Add tilapia to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. I had to fry these up in two batches in my largest cast iron skillet.

    Remove fish from skillet to a baking sheet. Add lemon juice and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.

    Place pan under broiler and broil for about 2-3 minutes or until fish is firm and cheese is melted. Keep a close eye on the fish! It doesn't take long. Let the fish rest for two minutes before serving.

    I served our Tilapia with broccoli and cheese and wild rice on the side. This is absolutely delicious and will be fixed again soon!

    Adapted from: Cooking Bride

    Comments

    Popular Posts