Southern Sweet Tea

Sweet Southern Tea. There's nothing you can buy in a bottle that is quite as good as fresh brewed. However, Milo's is pretty hard to beat! Blair and I fix up a pitcher of tea for different reasons. She likes to drink tea and I'll have to admit mine revolves around a little "adults only" river recipe concoction I put together a few summers ago. (I'll be posting that next!)

I like my tea to have a nice kiss of sweetness, but I don't want it almost like syrup. Here's our favorite blend.
INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 Luzianne family size tea bags
  •  1-1/4 cups sugar
  • Enough water to fill pitcher
DIRECTIONS:
Place three tea bags in hot water in a small saucepan.

Place a WOODEN spoon on top. (As long as the spoon is on top, the pan will not boil over. Don't use a metal spoon as it will get too hot!) Let the water come to a full boil. Set off heat and let the tea steep for 5 minutes.

Place sugar in bottom of pitcher. Squeeze out tea from tea bags. Pour hot tea over sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with cold water. Place in refrigerator and let it chill. Serve with lemon slices and lots of ice.



Comments

Popular Posts