You heard me! What better way to support our youth and satisfy our sweet tooth? I recently got a tub of lemon cookies and triple chocolate chunk from my co-worker's daughter.
They're easy to make, they come out perfect and the flavor is beyond delicious! What I like the most is I can fix exactly what we want to have. We are not big sweet eaters, so I try to not go overboard with the quantity. The dough will keep in a freezer up to a year AND you can refreeze it!
The secret to perfection is:
- Turn that oven on the minute you think about them and let it preheat to the full temperature.
- Let your cookie dough sit on the counter and become a little more pliable.
- Make your dough balls a consistent size. I use a double ended scoop that came with my coffee pot. It's perfect for cookie dough scooping/making.
- Take them out right right before they start turning golden brown. Once the color turns they end up too crispy.
- When you take them out of the oven, let them rest on the pan for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Let the cookies totally cool before sealing them in a air-tight tub.