Chocolate Ice Cream Muffins


Do you have left over ice cream? No, I have not lost my mind! Momma is always bringing some kind of sweet...cakes, cookies, pies, ice cream in the middle of winter...and leaves it for me and Andy to "finish" up. I believe it's her excuse to satisfy her craving for eating something she's not supposed to be eating.

Back in January, one of my FAVORITE blog followers, Shane Crick, sent me this message with the recipe for ice cream bread. Believe it or not, we had ice cream in the fridge (courtesy of Momma) and the timing couldn't have been better! We really enjoyed them because they weren't super sweet---think muffins! I'm including his letter, as I have to attribute this one to him. I  had never heard of them. And easy??? I wish I had this recipe when the boys had their friends over and I had to feed an army. We always had ice cream in the freezer. A gallon of milk and a few dozen muffins and we would have been good to go!

On another note, I was recently diagnosed with adrenal gland fatigue...which explains why I've had absolutely no extra energy. Of course we've been running wide open since last fall and I've attributed it to "just being busy." I've been focused on my new job, a building project and a dock project and I was just too wore out to write and blog about our favorite foods. I finally had myself checked out and now I know what the cause is. Hopefully in the next few months I'll get back on track. Thanks to all of you for hanging in there and coming back as often as you do. I have tons of great recipes and photos ready to upload and maybe now I'll get my energy level back and will share them with you soon.


Thanks so much for the great idea Shane!!! I really appreciate it!

Denise, you have got to try this recipe! It only takes 2 ingredients!
It's easy to make and you can constantly change up the flavor combinations.

Ice Cream Bread
Ice cream
Flour-(self rising)
Baking dish-(your preference)
Non-stick spray.

Melt your ice cream and then add as much flour as there is melted ice cream. I use the pint sizes which is about 2 cups melted and add 2 cups flour.

Combine both and put into a bread, muffin, or whatever pan you'd like to bake it with that has been coated with cooking spray. (I prefer Baker's Joy spray myself.) You could add any extras like candy piece, nuts, etc. to your mixture as well.

Let bake for 30 minutes and then cool before eating.



 
 Rich, creamy, double fudge???? There's no way you can go wrong with this one.
I used my mini-muffin tin for our first batch.
Like Shane said...two ingredients!
 You know I had to sneak in a little extra sumthin' sumthin'! (raspberry chocolate chips)

I'm going to include these in the breakfast and dessert category. A little butter cream or chocolate icing on top would be incredible!

Comments

Popular Posts