Drake's Marinated Onions For Pork or Steak

 Grilled pork tenderloin, asparagus, wild rice and marinated onions made for a great combination!

Andy's co-worker Drake shared this recipe with us. I jotted the ingredients down as Drake called them out. I think it turned out pretty good...especially since I had never eaten it before. I might have gone just a little heavy on the crushed red pepper and a little too light on the Alabama (Dale's) sauce though. We decided to try this recipe one weekend at the river. Andy and I are the type that once we back down the driveway, we are pretty much there and don't leave until time to go home. Therefore, when we got ready to fix the onions and grill the pork tenderloin, we realized it we were a little low on the Alabama sauce and had to make do. It was too far past five o'clock to make a run to the store.

While you can still buy Vidalia onions, now is the time to give it a try. It won't be long and they'll be gone until next season.

INGREDIENTS:
2 large Vidalia onions
Season to your liking with:
Crushed Red Pepper
Garlic Powder
Butter
Pepper
Salt
Alabama Sauce (Like Dale's Sauce)
Quarter the onions and lay on an over-sized piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
 Place pats of butter on top and season with dry spices.
 Coat well with Alabama sauce. (I will add more than what the picture shows next time!)
 Seal and wrap aluminum foil well. Place on a baking sheet in the event butter seeps out.
Serve on top of pork or beef or as a side dish. I mixed a little in with my rice and it was delicious.


Comments

Popular Posts