Shrimp & Veggie Tortellini

If I had my way, I'd have a pasta dish every night of the week. I love it any way it's fixed. Pasta is one of my go-to dishes when I have an assortment of veggies in the fridge and I can't figure out what to do with them. I threw this one together the other night and we loved it. Blair loved it. If she loved it, then you know it's good. There are hints of a few of my other favorites in this one...Shrimp and Crawfish Denise and Creamy Shrimp Pasta but I did spice it up a little differently. As an added bonus, this tastes just as good, possibly better, the next day.

INGREDIENTS:
1 large onion, sliced in half
2 red peppers, sliced
1 lb. large peeled raw shrimp (or substitute with pre-cooked)
1 10 oz. bag spinach
12 oz. Barilla Three Cheese Tortellini (Cook per directions on the box and drain)
16 oz. half and half
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (or more to your taste)

 Saute onions and peppers in extra virgin olive oil & two tablespoons of butter. 
Salt and pepper to taste.
 Drop handfuls of spinach in and wilt.
 Continue until all spinach is heated through.
 Stir in cream, chicken broth and Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Mix well. Taste broth to determine if you need additional seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Once broth is bubbling, add in shrimp.
Cook until shrimp is done, stirring frequently. Do not overcook!
Taste broth again to see if this needs more seasoning.
Stir in cooked, drained tortellini. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.

Comments

Popular Posts