Whit's Bean & Corn Dip

This recipe is officially known as "Whit's Dip." My co-worker Joy shared this recipe with me when we had our Thanksgiving Lunch at work. Yep. I know, I'm a little behind as usual. Or, if you look at it this way...I'm just in time for planning your appetizers for Super Bowl Sunday. :-)

You will want to make this the night before and try to stay out of it and save some for your guests. I think this and Frito Scoops are the perfect pairing; but Tostito Scoops are pretty awesome too. Just make sure whatever chip you have will hold some of the juicy goodness.

In a large serving dish, mix the following:
2 cans black beans, rinsed
2 cans whole corn (Joy said she has used cream style a few times and it was just as good)
2 ripe avocados, cut in chunks
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (Joy's addition to Whit's version)
Fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1 tbsp.or more to taste)
Greater Value Zesty Italian Dressing  (Mix more or less to suit you)
4-6 green onions chopped
Refrigerate.

Since "our" team didn't make the Super Bowl, we'll just be eating and having fun!
Happy eating!

Comments

Popular Posts