Almond Chocolate Mousse

Since Andy and I started on this healthier eating kick, I have been amazed that we've been able to enjoy the food we're eating, stay fuller, and slim down all while enjoying a little dessert. What's that you say? You heard me! Dessert was not something fixed in our household very often, but Little Debbie and Sara Lee cakes managed to sneak in the back door and typically stored out of my reach. Let's just leave it at that.

In the next week or so, I should be receiving my "Taking out the Carbage" recipe book and I can not wait! I found a recipe for DJ Foodie's Orange-Pecan Chocolate Mousse and decided to try it out on Momma one Wednesday night. I substituted Almond Extract for the Orange Oil Extract he calls for. Since some Wednesday nights I do well to get off from work, fix supper and dessert; I cheat and use sugar-free chocolate pudding when I'm lazy. It's not bad and my Mother and husband get their little chocolate fix and I get to sit down and enjoy her visit.

OPTION 1 MOUSSE
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar substitute
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. almond extract
Dash of salt

OPTION 2 MOUSSE
2 cups heavy whipping cream
Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp. almond extract

In a medium bowl, mix with your electric mixer. Keep at until you get a nice, thick consistency. Option 1 I got a more soft serve ice cream. Option 2 yields a firmer texture. Both are delicious.

DJ Foodie's Chocolate Sauce: (Dreams do come true!)
  1. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  2. 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (add just enough to blend ingredients nicely)
  3. 3 tablespoons sugar replacement (I used Truvia)
  4. Dash salt 
In a small saucepan, on medium, whisk the following ingredients together until well blended and thickened. 

Put a scoop of the chocolate mouse in a dessert dish...drizzle some yummy chocolate sauce over the top...squeeze some home made whip cream or the kind from a can along with some chopped almonds.

Divine...Delicious...Delectable!
Looks like the back side could have used a few extra almonds!

Comments

Popular Posts