Cauli and Cheese

If I had to pick one thing I miss the most about our food-style change, it would have to be pasta. Dreamfield's pasta has been a pretty decent substitute but you can't eat it as frequently as I did growing up. And what about a big dish of macaroni and cheese? When the boys were young, I probably fixed it a little more frequently compared to what I would do with just Andy and myself since I consider it kid food. If grand kids are coming over, it's definitely going to be on the menu. There are some dishes that call out for that cheesy dish on the side...like meatloaf, green beans and mashed potatoes. Since mashed potatoes have been replaced with mashed cauliflower, I thought I'd combine the best of both worlds. This is simple and if you close your eyes really, really tight, you might think you're eating macaroni and cheese. Fool your kids? Maybe...if they're really hungry!

Cut up one head of cabbage into small pieces.
Steam the cauliflower until it is very, very tender.
You could melt Velveeta cheese and milk or, take the easy way out and add a pack of cheese sauce. 
Lightly salt and pepper to taste.

Comments

  1. The line under the first picture says to cut up cabbage. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts