Fake Mashed Potatoes

In our healthy eating journey, we are always on the lookout for a little variety. The mashed cauliflower has been good, but I saw a recipe for "Mock Mashed Potatoes" on the Pickles and Honey blog in my Pinterest feed and had to give it a try. I varied a little to accommodate my pantry. Andy and I agreed that although it required more effort; the texture and taste of this was far better.

INGREDIENTS:
1 head cauliflower
1 can Great Northern Beans, not drained*
Chicken broth (I make my own with water plus Better Than Bouillon) *If needed
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut up the cauliflower into small pieces. Boil in salted water until very tender. Drain the water. In a separate pan, heat the beans.
In a food processor, add the cauliflower in batches. I kept pulsing until I got the whole head mixed well and in very small pieces. Add in the heated white beans. Process the beans and cauliflower until a smooth consistency. Add the chicken broth as needed if the texture is too thick. Taste the mixture and add salt and pepper to your taste.

*I did not drain the liquid as the can didn't have a lot of liquid, I did add some chicken broth because they were a little too thick.

Comments

Popular Posts