Roasted Frozen Brussels Sprouts

I hear from a lot of people that they can't stand to eat Brussels sprouts. We are not those people. Granted, I have had a few bags of them that had a little "earthy" taste to them but I keep going back. I don't know what it is about them, but we can eat them like candy when they are roasted. When you read about all the health benefits of including these in your diet, maybe you could give them one more try. We started out fixing them with bacon and thought that was wonderful until we fixed them in a delicious gratin. Roasting them will not replace the gratin, but if you want EASY, here you go. Andy grilled a pork tenderloin; I steamed some carrots and we had a delicious, healthy meal in no time.

Spray casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Evenly spread out the contents of a 24 oz. bag of frozen Brussels sprouts. Lightly spray Brussels sprouts with olive oil and season to taste. I use Lawry's garlic salt with parsley flakes.
Roast in a 350-375 degree preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until the veggies have a slight tinge of brown. (Not to be confused with burnt!!) My oven tends to cook a little slow. I used 375 degrees and it took 55 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts