Pressure Cooker Shredded Taco Chicken

This may look a little plain on the outside, but when you take a bite....WOW! Get ready for a flavor explosion! My new kitchen toy has not made it off the counter yet. I'm still in love with my pressure cooker and can't wait to keep trying new recipes out. I had a great "lesson learned" moment when I was fixing the chicken. There is a valve that you pop out and clean and pop back in. I must have not had it seated 100% properly as there was a little steam leaking...to the point it didn't ruin the chicken but the bottom of the pan was not a pretty sight. There was no water left in the pan at all when I raised the lid! I've gotten so comfortable cooking with this I walked off and didn't check it. Lesson of the day: If this happens to you, baking soda (left to soak) and a wooden kitchen utensil will remove the cooked on mess from a non stick surface without ruining it. In spite of a brief moment of drama, the chicken tasted absolutely delicious!

INGREDIENTS:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup water
1/4 cup dried onions
1 pack chicken taco seasoning
1-2 tsps. minced garlic

Soft tortilla shells (we found some net 5 carbs)
3 colored peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 large onion, sliced
Shredded cheese
Salsa
Sour cream
 Pour one cup water in inner pot. Place chicken breasts inside pot.
 Evenly sprinkle seasoning on top of chicken.
 Sprinkle dried onions and garlic on top of seasoning. I used the dehydrated onions I put up this year.
Put the lid in the locked position. Set the pressure button to CLOSE. Press the COOK button and set the time to thirty (30) minutes. The zeros will rotate until the cooker gets to the right pressure. Once the time runs out, the cooker will move to KEEP WARM. At this point, CAREFULLY RELEASE THE STEAM by moving the button to the RELEASE POSITION allowing a few short bursts and then moving it to that position to dispel the rest of the steam. I can't express the safety issue enough. The lid and steam and HOT, HOT, HOT! Be very careful when releasing the pressure. Once all steam is released, and only then, you will be able to move the lid to the UNLOCK position.
Using my PC mix and chop tool, I shredded the chicken. I moved it to a separate pan, even though this tool is non-stick pot friendly, due to my little oopsie.
You can roll up whatever you'd like into your soft tacos. My preference is sauteed peppers and onions, World Table Roasted Salsa Verde and shredded cheese inside and a little sour cream on the outside. (You can tell I went back for seconds in this picture!)

Comments

Popular Posts