We have several apple trees in Andy's "fruit orchard". We pick, peel and core the apples; toss them in lemon juice, vacuum seal them and freeze for future use.
- 5-6 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled sliced with an apple corer (sprinkled with lemon juice)
- OR 2-3 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 stick butter
- 1In a medium hot black skillet, melt stick of butter. Make one layer of apples. They can touch, just don’t layer them on top of each other. Sprinkle at least 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon over the top of the apples. After two minutes, using a fork, turn and repeat coating with slightly less sugar and cinnamon. Let apples cook until they get fork tender, turning so they cook through evenly.
- 2If you use this recipe with sweet potatoes, don’t cut them over 1/4" thick. You can cut back a little on the sugar, but let them cook until the edges start to get slightly browned.
- 3Take apples out as they are done and place in a glass bowl or dish. The sauce that is created is what makes these so delicious!