Chicken & Veggie Pasta

After a long day, I want something good to eat that does not take a lot of time. Tracy and I had a booth to man at the Bridal Fair L'burg all day long. Heels and concrete don't mix. I threw together one of my quick and easy recipes so I could kick back and relax ASAP!

This is one of my favorites because the taste is incredible! We always have peppers, black olives, artichoke hearts, onions, garlic and chicken on hand. If I have spinach, I include it too. Andy likes linguine and spooning the sauce over it and I prefer bow tie pasta mixed in with the sauce. Either way, you can't lose. I like to go ahead and stir fry the whole pack of chicken and use what's leftover in a salad or on a sandwich.
  • 1/2 pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
  • 1-2 colored peppers chopped into big pieces
  • 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • Small can black olives, drained
  • 1 tbsp. minced garlic
  • 16 oz. half and half
  • 3-1/2 oz. shredded Parmesan Cheese (not the powdery type)
  • Pasta of your choice
Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; season with salt and pepper. Quickly stir fry until cooked through. Pour into another bowl. If needed, add a little more olive oil. Saute peppers and onions until onions are transparent. (We like our peppers a little on the crunchy side.)

Melt 1/2 stick of butter with veggies; add 16 oz. half and half and Parmesan cheese to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and add artichokes, garlic and black olives and heat through.

Serve with pasta of your choice and garlic bread.

Popular Posts