Every month we have an employee birthday celebration at work. This month's theme is soup. Italian Wedding Soup is probably at the top 5 of my all time favorites. I get so many requests for the recipe, it's got to be the first I share.
*UPDATED 1-25-14 (PHOTOS)
I had some really good help in my kitchen the other night when I was making Italian Wedding Soup. My 3-year-old granddaughter Emilee Rae wanted to be my big helper and I figured it's never too soon to teach a child to cook...especially when they ask to help.
|How to you get a child to eat spinach and other veggies they normally wouldn't try? |
Let them help you cook!!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp. minced onion
- Mix and shape into 3/4" meatballs.
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bag fresh spinach rinsed and sliced
- 2 cups seashell or bow-tie pasta (or more)
- 1 large bag of matchstick carrots
- Bring to a boil and start dropping in the meatballs