Okay, It's cold, damp and rainy outside. I've had a cold for a week, so a hot pot of homemade chicken noodle soup is what the doctor ordered!
- 1 large baking hen or 4 lbs. of chicken leg quarters or 1 pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans of sweet yellow corn
- 2 cans of sliced carrots
- (Feel free to use fresh, I’m just giving short cuts here)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- egg noodles, dumpling or broad width
- 1 small jar of Cheese Wiz
- 3 heaping tsps. Better Than Boullion seasoning (or 5 or 6 cubes of chicken boullion)
- Salt, pepper, poultry seasoning to taste
- In a large soup pot, cover the rinsed hen or chicken pieces with water. Add 1 tbsp. sea salt and the boullion. Bring to a boil and cook until done. Cover the pot with a lid and let it cool off a little. Remove chicken from pot and pull meat from bones.
- Add veggies and seasonings and stir real well.Taste broth to determine if it’s seasoned properly. Add more boullion or salt and pepper until it tastes good.