Texas caviar is one of those appetizers that goes over well. We all like black-eyed peas, but black beans are our favorite. Years ago I substituted one of the cans of black eyed peas with the black beans and everyone likes it better.
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can black-eyed peas (or two cans of black-eyed peas)
- 1 can white shoe-peg corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- Drain all above ingredients
- 2 cans Rotel (mild or hot)
- 1 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8 oz. bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1Mix all ingredients and chill for several hours.
- 2Will keep in the refrigerator for a week.