Cole Slaw

Pulled pork, pork chops, meatloaf, fried chicken, roasted chicken, turkey, beef stew, roast beef, smoked sausage, ribs....the list goes on and on. Everything tastes good with a helping of slaw on the side.
I have eaten it every way imaginable and got it narrowed down to the only two ways I like it. This one and this hot version. One mistake most people make is adding too much salad dressing. Mine looks almost too dry when I first fix it. By the time you add salt and it sits in the fridge for 20 minutes or so; it's right! I'm a Hellman's nut, but when it comes to slaw you've got to use salad dressing.


I'm sure someone will be offended when I tell them I cheat and buy the bags of the already shredded cabbage with carrots and purple cabbage. Come garden time, we grow all of the above, including the onions and I do make it fresh. 


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 bag of shredded cabbage (slaw mix)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/3 cup salad dressing 
  • 1 /2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl blend onion, salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix in 1/3 of the bag. Once it's all blended well, add in another third and repeat until the whole bag is mixed. Cover and set in refrigerator until ready to eat.


Again, it will look like you aren't adding enough salad dressing, but I promise it will be right. If you do like it overloaded, go ahead and add more...but don't say I didn't warn you! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts