1. In a large pot, cook 1 box lasagna noodles and drain.
2. Brown and drain:
- 1 lb. each of hamburger and sausage and 1 chopped onion
- (Red peppers and mushrooms if you'd like).
- 1-1/2 cans of canned spaghetti sauce (the extra is to pour around the sides of the dish after layering).
3. Mix in a bowl:
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of mozarella
- 1/2 container of grated Parmesan cheese (not the powdery type)
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spray the bottom of a 13“ x 9” casserole dish and spoon a little of the sauce so you have a thin layer.
5. In two sets of layers: noodles, meat mixture, blob cheese mixture, repeat and top with a final layer of noodles and whatever is remaining. Pour remaining sauce around the edges.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 45 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.