I guess I'm just a big sissy when it comes to extreme heat. Foods so spicy they make your nose run are fine. Foods so hot your tongue and lips are on fire...no way! We had jalapenos from the garden running out of our ears and they were quite hot. I fix them for Andy and the guys and they eat them up. A good pair of latex gloves will keep your hands from burning up and please, don't rub your eyes!
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage (the guys like hot sausage)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 22 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded.
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and parmesan cheese; fold in sausage.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno half. Place in two ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dishes. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with ranch dressing if desired.