Cherry Tomato, Cucumber and Onion Salad

You won't hear me saying, "rain, rain, go away" anytime soon. After the long dry spell we experienced the biggest part of the summer; I was glad to see rain in any form or fashion over the past few weeks. Drizzling or down pours, we'll take it! The rain had perked our garden up and Sunday evening I was able to pick enough Roma tomatoes to can nine more pints and a butter bowl full of cherry tomatoes
.
Monday afternoon, Andy started the Classic Greek Chicken when he got home from work. All afternoon, I knew I'd be serving yellow rice as one of the sides but I could not figure out what side two would be. That changed when I saw all those cherry tomatoes! A nice, cold salad with a good bite was what I came up with.

I fell back into my old ways of throwing a dish together and mixing until it tastes good, so I'm giving approximate measurements. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, cored and cut in half
  • 1 small cucumber, peeled, cut into quarters and sliced into paper thin slices
  • 1 small sweet onion, sliced thinly and then cut into 1/2 rings and broken apart
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 medium can sliced black olives, drained

Mix vegetables together in a medium bowl. Add the following dressing to the vegetables.

DRESSING:
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Mix well and chill for at least one hour before eating.

Comments

Popular Posts