Homemade Blackberry Wine Part IV

Well, it's been a little over 6 weeks since we started this 5 gallon jug of homemade blackberry wine. The bubbling action has stopped so it looks like we will be doing some bottling this weekend. I have tested it and it is quite delicious!


Homemade Blackberry Wine Part I
Homemade Blackberry Wine, Part II

Gallon jug half filled with blackberry wine
We just crushed 3 quarts of fruit to start 3 gallons of muscadine wine (I'll post this soon!) and went out to the little cottage to store it. While I was out there checking out the progress of the blackberry wine, I noticed Andy had a little over a half gallon of cherry wine from last year. I thought we were out as this was what was served at our wedding last year.

Plastic cup filled with blackberry wine
I poured up an orange cup full and went in an started dinner shortly thereafter! :-)
It was still as sweet as I remember! Hopefully next year's cherry crop won't be destroyed by a freeze and we'll get to share how we make it.

Comments

  1. What are the next steps after it stops bubbling? We are ready to bottle, but are very confused about what we need to do. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can siphon off a bottle to try and check clarity. We normally let ours sit another several weeks before bottling so it'll clear up even more. When siphoning, be sure to keep the hose off the bottom of the jug so you don't get any of the settlement in your bottles. If you decide to do a test bottle, be sure to reseal! I hope this helps! Denise

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts