Easy Chicken Florentine

My friend Stephanie had been telling me about how good Paula Deen's Chicken Florentine recipe was for ever. I just love Paula. And all that uproar after she told the whole world she was diabetic? Seriously? My mother is a diabetic and bless her heart, she clings to her chocolate like Paula clings to her sticks of butter and whatever decadent ingredient she delights in. You can't change people. I do my best to cook healthy, but I'm not a fanatic about it. My Grandmother Gaudette, who lived to be nearly 104 lived by the rule, "everything in moderation."

That being said, the link to Paula's full-blown recipe is below. When I saw what it called for; I cut the recipe in half. This still made more than enough! Stephanie recommended using rotisserie chicken from the store to help speed this up.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 3 chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds), cooked, boned, and shredded
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs (I used Panko)
  • 2 tablespoons butter (probably used a little more!)


Mix the soup, mayo, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice and spices in a medium bowl. Stir well.


In a large bowl, mix the chicken and spinach. Once it's blended well, stir in the soup mixture.


Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour mixture in and spread out evenly. Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on top and place pats of butter on top of that.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until it's bubbly.

Adapted from: Paula Deen

Comments

Popular Posts