According to their website, these are their Healthy Recipe Guidelines:
"Live Better America recipes work hard to win their "healthy" designation without you needing to work or worry a wink."
We lower fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
We lower the calorie count without reducing anything that makes the recipe delicious.
We strive to add good or excellent sources of nutrients.
This was a really easy to prepare dish and the flavor was excellent. I restrained myself and didn't add additional salt or pepper and fixed it exactly as the recipe said to. It is possible to enjoy a broccoli and cheese dish without it totally swimming in a pound of Velveeta. :-)
Three Cheese Broccoli Casserole Ingredients
- 1/3 cup French-fried onions (from 2.8-oz can)
- 2 bags (24 oz each) Green Giant® frozen broccoli and three cheese sauce
- 1 package (3 oz) fat-free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix broccoli, cream cheese, bell pepper and red pepper sauce. Cover; cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until sauce chips are melted. Transfer to ungreased 2- to 3-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle onions around outer edge of casserole; bake 5 minutes longer.