Riding the Blue Wave aka the perfect summer drink



When I became addicted to Pinterest, (long before I started my blog) it drove me nuts to pin goodies, main dishes, cleaning items, etc. and then be disappointed when the instructions were bad. Or, have you experienced this: the pinned item tasted so bad; didn't work or required two extra hours to finish cooking so you knew nobody had ever prepared the item. Seriously? Does anyone really fix what they pin? And don't get me started on the name. The name was just a little to juvenile for me. So, that had to be changed. After the first drink, I realized I should have used a taller glass or cut the alcohol content in half. Thus, the name Blue Wave came to mind. The first one slammed me on the beach...but then I got some sense and chose to ride the blue wave!

I found this particular drink on Pinterest and thought it would make a great summer drink to enjoy while lounging at the river. It won't entirely replace the Whipped Cream Vodka Creamsicle, but it'll give it a run for the money.  When Super Bowl Sunday rolled around, I decided to give it a try. Below is the "recipe" from the post on Pinterest.

(1oz Blue Curacao 1oz Peach Schnapps 2oz Citrus vodka Fill with Sprite)

Notice there is no mention  as to the size of the glass? Well, yours truly used her normal Tervis Tumbler short, fat drinking glass thinking this is the normal sized mixed drink glass. In the picture above, my glass is on the left, mixed as above. (Hunter told me it looked like I was drinking the water out of their toilet bowl. Yeesh!) The glass on the right has 1/2 the amount of alcohol. It's still a beautiful blue, but you will able to be coherent after one.

Slammed on the Beach Blue Wave:
Fill a 12 oz. Tervis Tumbler with ice*
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Peach Schnapps
2 oz. Citrus Vodka
Top with Sprite
Add a slice of lemon


Riding the Blue Wave:
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 oz. Citrus Vodka
Top  with Sprite
Add a slice of lemon 

*To tame the wave a little: Mix in a 16 oz. Tervis Tumbler and top with Sprite.

(As always, please do not drink and drive.)

Comments

Popular Posts