Easiest Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge You'll Ever Make

 I think I need to call this my Serendipity Fudge. Serendipity as defined by Merriam-Webster : the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.

After I accidentally forgot to add the sweet condensed milk to my Easy Banana Pudding I fixed for our 4th of July party we held on the 6th; my mind went to spinning....what to fix, what to fix? I remember someone telling me they made fudge with a can of sweet condensed milk so I thought, what the heck, fudge it'll be. I then remembered what "they" say about never making fudge on a rainy day (it won't set). I threw caution to wind and went to digging and this is what I came up with. All I can say is this: We measured 8" of rain in 2-1/2 days and this was some of the best fudge I've ever made. With the concoction I blended, it reminded me of eating a peanut butter cup without eating the gritty peanut butter center out of it. Since the whole plate was almost gone (along with the banana pudding) I knew I had a keeper.
I make a double boiler with a medium glass bowl over a saucepan with boiling water. I'm sure you could use a microwave, but I'm not a big fan of anything that probably alters whatever nutritional value a chunk of fudge might possibly have.

1-1/2 cups of chips (I had 3 partial bags that equaled this amount: chocolate, peanut butter and raspberry)
1 can sweet condensed milk
1-1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons water
Chopped pecans

Melt and blend the first four ingredients, stirring frequently, until smooth and creamy. Stir in the pecans.
Pour into a 8x11 dish and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before cutting into squares.

Comments

Popular Posts